The Edelweiss is a Victorian building of over 100 years old with 21 en-suite guest bedrooms.
The following statement is a summary of our provisions however if you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact us and we will endeavour to help.
Pre - Arrival
· The Edelweiss Guest House is situated set slightly back from Queens Promenade 20 metres up on a small side road called Switzerland Terrace which is also part of Palace Terrace. There is a hotel directly to the side of The Edelweiss called the Hydro Hotel and in front of us there is a retail shop called IOM Promenade T shirts Shop. Please note Tom-Tom Satellite Navigation systems maps are not always accurately displayed in the Isle of Man. Our website contains a detailed map and instructions of how to find us. If in doubt, please call us.
· Our website shows full details of public transport to our property. The following bus numbers operate services between the Airport and Douglas 1, 1a, 2, 10, 10b, 11, 11a, 12, X1, & N1. For full up to date bus timetables see the following website: http://www.gov.im/publictransport/ or telephone: 01624662525.
· We are situated approximately 1.3 miles from the Sea Terminal Building
· The Shopping area is approximately 20 minutes’ walk from our property or there are several frequent buses services that follow this route.
· A bus stop is situated 50 metres from our property that connects to all major routes on the Island / directly.
· For a local Taxi service, we recommend please contact Elegance Taxi’s directly on 01624 672672
· Full Address: The Edelweiss Guest House, 29 Palace Terrace, Queens Promenade, Douglas, Isle of Man. IM2 4NF
· Telephone: 01624 675115. The Telephone is generally answered between the hours of 10.00 – 22.30 hours although these are flexible to our business needs. An answer phone is available at all other times for us to call you back at our first opportunity.
· Our Email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Website: www.edelweiss.co.im Our website has an online booking engine to check pricing and availability. Our website contains a detailed map and instructions of how to find us. The location section has details of public transport available.
· We are dog friendly and allow one small dog per room subject to availability and strictly subject to arrangement directly with us – charges apply of £25 per dog per day.
· Please note our accommodation is over4 floors. We have a small 1–2-person passenger lift that unfortunately will not accommodate a wheelchair. For the safety and comfort of all our guests our lift is turned off between the hours of 11pm and 7.45am. This is set by the lift company and cannot be over ridden. Unfortunately, we do not have any ground floor rooms.
Arrival and Car Parking
· We kindly request you advise us, if possible, your estimated time of arrival.
· Our standard check in time is from 4pm until 10.30 pm on your day of arrival to ensure we have adequate time to prepare rooms to a high standard from the guests departing that day. We realise that travel times can vary however, and should you expect to arrive prior to 4pm we will happily store your luggage without charge should your room not already be available at this earlier time.
· On your day of departure, we ask that you check out before 10.30 am – Guest leaving prior to 8am are asked to settle any outstanding bills the day before if possible.
· Our front door is always locked, and access is gained with a door entry card that guests will be provided with upon check in as well as separate room keys for the guest bedrooms. Please ring the bell on arrival and a member of staff will open the door.
· With the provided front door access cards Guest are free to come and go as they please.
· Please advise us if your travel arrangements require you to check in later than 10pm which is nearing our reception closure time.
· We are happy to store your luggage on your day of departure without charge should your travel times not be until later in the day.
· We do not have any parking available on our property but free of charge Street parking is available either on the promenade (the seaside) unlimited or on Switzerland Road that runs alongside our building. Parking availability is usually plentiful but is beyond our control.
· We will assist with luggage if required.
· There are no steps into the front door.
· There are two steps into our reception area, but guests will be checked in from the Lounge area if the steps pose a problem as there are no steps through from the entrance to the lounge.
· Lift access is through the Guest Lounge
· Our lift has Braille numbers on the buttons.
· Upon check in you will be provided with a room key and door fob and shown around the property.
· We have a large selection of tourist information, basic local maps, timetables and information about local eating establishments available free of charge in our reception area, but staff are always available for any advice you may need.
· Our dining room is situated on the ground floor through the Guest Lounge where a Hot and Cold Breakfast Buffet is served each morning. Please note we do not serve evening meals but have information available on eating establishments nearby. Our normal breakfast service hours are between the hours of 8am and 9.30am subject to extension in busy periods. A packed continental style breakfast is available free of charge to guests departing prior to these times which must be requested by 4pm the day before it is required. If you have special diet requirements, please let us know in advance and we will do our best to cater to your needs.
· Our Breakfast Menus are not provided in Braille or Large letter but please ask if this is required.
· A small newsagents and convenience shop is available within 50 metres walk for newspapers there is also a Post Box there.
· As a Guest House we do not provide telephones in the room.
· Free Wi fi is available at no extra charge throughout the whole building for all guests.
· Secure Cycle storage is available in a lock up area we have at the back of the Guest House by arrangement and availability.
Ground Floor and Public Areas
· A Public WC is available on the first floor of our building via a staircase of 16 carpeted steps.
· Our reception is located up two steps on the right-hand side of the entrance hall. Our reception is normally open between the hours of 7.30am and 10.30pm although this is flexible to our business needs.
· Staff are on the premises 24 hours a day. Should you require emergency assistance, and our reception is closed there is an emergency bell situated on the door outside the reception door that will summon a staff member. This is between the hours of 10.30pm and 7.30am
The Guest Lounge and Brew & Bake Coffee Area
In the Guest Lounge:
· Seating for 10 people including tables.
· 52-inch Tv with DVD and free view channels - sub titles are available if required.
· Access to the Dining room and Lift access to all floors
· A selection books, magazines and games are available.
· A selection of Tourist Information available – French and German also available in some of the Information please ask.
· Free Wi fi throughout the whole building
· Uniform lighting with movement detection
· Thermostatically smart controlled heating
The Dining room
· Situated on the ground floor access is through the Guest Lounge area.
· Breakfast Buffet – Under most of the sitting’s breakfast is served buffet style with staff assisting where required. Occasionally in quieter periods plated service will be operated instead.
· Uniform Lighting, background local radio played.
· Dietary requirements are catered for where possible by arrangement.
Brew & Bake Coffee Area and Reception
In our reception area during the Summer Season, we offer a small area where tea, coffee, cold drinks and light snacks may be purchased this is also open to non-residents. The opening hours may vary according to the needs of the business, but this is normally open 11.30am until 3.30pm. After these times during reception hours guests may still purchase hot and cold drinks and snacks. Menus are available in all rooms.
Public Areas General
· Smoking is strictly not permitted in any part of the property.
· The property has a fire alarm system, smoke detectors and fire extinguishers in place. Emergency lighting on all floors, fire doors and a fire escape at the top of the property clearly displayed following the marked route.
*All fire information and instructions are clearly displayed throughout the property and on the back of all guest room doors.